This is our take on the traditional Jewish Noodle Kugel. Kugel is often served as a celebratory dish during holidays and Shabbat.
Sierra takes inspiration from one of her grandmother’s favorite recipes in making this delicious dish. She uses mascarpone cheese instead of the traditional cottage cheese and whips the egg whites to create a light fluffy texture in the final kugel.
- 12 ounce package of medium or thick egg noodles
- 1 pound sour cream
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 6 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2-4 tart apples, peeled and diced, depending on taste (can use raisins, peaches or anything else depending on season and desire)
- 1/2c Cinnamon Palm Beach Creamed Honey
- Half stick of butter
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
The hardest part is letting it cool for one hour before cutting!